You may get the error message:
- 'The server does not support a SSL connection. Account; mail.example.com Server mail.example.com.' Protocol SMTP, server response '250 HELP' Port; 25, Secure (SSL) Yes, Server Error 250, error number 0x800CCC7D.'
- "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]' . Subject 'The monthly collection', Account: 'mail.example.com', Server: 'mail.example.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
This problem happens because your version of Outlook Express is set up to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which we do not support.
To fix this problem:
- Open Outlook Express, and click Tools
- Then click on Accounts
- Then click on your email account and click Properties
- Then click Advanced
- On this screen remove the checks from the boxes this server requires a secure connection for both Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (POP3).
You will then be able to collect your mail.